Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Its beginning to look a lot like christmas


These are my Santas and my nutcracker on my mantle.  Cute I know.
I have been trying to write a Christmas update for a few days now, but just haven't gotten around to it until just now.  It started snowing this weekend which has made for some pretty interesting days.  Yesterday I had to meet a group on campus at 8 am and then I didn't have to be back on campus until 4pm, so I planned on going in my pjs, going to the gym, and then cleaning up for the day.  I started my car from the inside of my house (I love my auto start) and then went outside a few minutes later.  I realized that I still had time before I HAD to leave, so after sweeping off my car, I swept of all the cars on my row.  Its funny because things like that just come to me sometimes.  One or two people actually saw me doing it, which was not my intention, and thanked me.


I love love love my tree.  I have been falling asleep every night just looking at the lights.  Its great.

Last night we had Family Home Evening at our first counselor's house.  I love bishoprich FHEs.  It feels like home to me.  Their family has a motto that they recite each week which I loved.  Even their 4 year old knew it and said it along with the family. Then each kid gives a mini lesson.  They were all so good, but Nathan, their 10 year old, really touched me.  Nathan and I have been buds for the last few months.  We bonded over a game of kick ball at the beginning of the semester and I enjoy having a little brother for a few hours during each activity.  He is highly ADD and I can tell has a hard time in social situations.  For his lesson, Nathan told the story of Jesus' birth.  I have no idea why at that very moment it touched me so much, but hearing that 10 year old recite the scriptures in Luke brought tears to my eyes.  I absolutely love this time of year.


This is me and Nathan at the last ward function.


For my relief society I am making a CD full of Christmas music about Christ.  I figure it would be a good gift for them.  There is so much hype over presents and what not, but we tend to forget that Christmas is about celebrating Christ.  I'm going to call the CD 'A Christ Centered Christmas'.  I was going through my music today and I remembered this song and looked up the lyrics.  I feel like it might be one of the most moving Christmas Songs I have heard in a while.  If you don't have it, let me know and I'll make you a copy.

In the Bleak MidWinter


In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Our God, heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

Angels and archangels may have gathered there,
Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
But His mother only, in her maiden bliss,
Worshipped the beloved with a kiss.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what can I give Him...give my heart.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Love the picture of the Santas...doesn't even look like your living room.
    2. LOVE the giant gap in the Christmas tree lights...sorry, next year I'll be a little more aware of where the lights are going!

    ReplyDelete