Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Missionary Me

I have had a lot of opportunities to share my testimony lately. It has been good and really helpful for me. I am not sure what it is about being in Alaska but it either help or hurts me to come back in the summer. It seems that this summer I am learning and growing so much and I am really happy with the person I am becoming this summer. Lots of changes, lots of random life twists, but it is so good.

Andrew works with me downtown. He is a christian, from Virginia. He has no friends here because he moved up to mush sled dogs. (Who does that??) So he has been coming to singles ward activities with my friends and I. I think it will take forever for him to actually accept the discussions, but he did come to church with me and it was really neat. He will randomly call me up now and ask things like, 'What do ya'll think about tatoos?' or the other day he was telling a story and he said, 'It's hard to tell this story without cussing.' I asked him why he wasn't cussing and he said, 'Because you don't.' I am greatful at how much that has helped me to realize how much people look at EVERYTHING we do. I am also grateful that I am at a point in my life where I don't even have to think about being careful any more.

I am constantly amazed at how the lord puts opportunities in front of us. I have so much to love about where I am in life right now. So many open doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment