Monday, April 6, 2009

Bitter sweet goodbyes

The last day of the workshop actually turned out pretty wonderful. For it being the last time we would ever teach it, I felt really good about it. We had several people get interviews, and everyone was able to achieve something from their phone calls which made me feel pretty good about life. We had our out interview with Hermano Nuñez and it was great to hear that he had really appriciated our service.

Thursday night we had a going away party. It was so wonderful to see all of our friends and say good bye. I am truly going to miss this place.

Friday bright and early my dad got in and we went on a hike first thing. Then the office had a going away party for us and it was great and sad. As I stood and looked into our teaching room for the last time, I started crying. I cannot believe how much I have changed and grown and how much closer I am to the person I have always wanted to be. I have achieved so many of the goals I set for myself here and I am working on so many others so that I can continue in my progress. I love that room and everything that it has symbolized in my progress. As I went to say goodbye to Hermano Nuñez, I cried again and th anked him for all that he did for us.

I am so grateful I came.

2 comments:

  1. What an emotional time for you. Enjoy your dad. Can't wait to hear from you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...that's what it's all about--change for both you and for those that you teach. Congratulations on having a life-changing experience!

    ReplyDelete