Monday, October 26, 2009

New Callings and Fresh Outlooks

I have always found that callings can teach you a lot about who Heavenly Father wants you to be.  I have always been so grateful in accepting callings and responsibilities because each has taught me a little bit  more about the gospel and about my place in it.  This semester, I received my first calling in the Relief Society as a Visiting Teaching supervisor.  I thought that was going to be it for the semester at least and I took joy in checking up on my Visiting Teachers and the girls they visit.  It was pretty easy duty.

On Friday night, I was out with some friends from the ward and we were talking about how the Relief Society President was getting married and we joked about who was going to be called.  In the middle of the conversation, the thought came to my mind that I was going to be called.  I laughed it off because, hey, girls like me don't get called to be Presidents...of ANYTHING!  I got home that night and I lay in bed and the thought kept coming back.  I couldn't sleep at all and it was so strange!

I did finally fall asleep, but then at about 7:30 I got a phone call from my ward clerk saying that the bishop wanted to speak with me.  Now I don't know my bishop very well, so I figured it was just a getting to know you interview...WRONG!  After chatting for a while about my life, my bishop looked me in the eye and said, 'Well, I guess I'll stop wasting your time and get to the point, we want you to be the new Relief Society President.'  WHOA!

My setting apart was really cool and he promised me a lot of things that have been weighing down on my mind lately which was really comforting.  I have realized that really, if we are paying enough attention, Heavenly Father will give us heads up and guide us to where we need to be.  The timing of all of this is really the most amazing part.  IF I had been called a few weeks ago I probably would have gone insane with my block classes and Mr. BYU, but it has all just worked out.  I am so grateful for this gospel!!

3 comments:

  1. And let's be honest, you'll be a wonderful RSP! The Church is true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm you are the cool one! when I first looked I didn't realize you posted this link. I'm glad I checked this out!

    ReplyDelete