Saturday, October 10, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Yes.  I am writing about a movie that doesn't come out for another week.  But I can guarantee that I will be at the first showing on Friday.  I can remember reading that book over and over and over again when I was younger and I know it is weird to have such strong feelings towards a book, but I feel the same way about the Polar Express and really any Dr. Seuss book that turns into a movie.

I have watched the trailer a ridiculous amount of times.  It makes me cry.

So I thought I would write about how excited I am, and just so you know, you should all check out The Arcade Fire.  Their song is on the trailer and they are great.

Wake Up
by the Arcade Fire


Somethin' filled up
my heart with nothin',
someone told me not to cry.

But now that I'm older,
my heart's colder,
and I can see that it's a lie.

Children wake up,
hold your mistake up,
before they turn the summer into dust.

If the children don't grow up,
our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
We're just a million little gods causin' rain storms turnin' every good thing to
rust.

I guess we'll just have to adjust.

With my lightnin' bolts a glowin'
I can see where I am goin' to be
when the reaper he reaches and touches my hand.

With my lightnin' bolts a glowin'
I can see where I am goin’
With my lightnin' bolts a glowin'
I can see where I am, go-go, where I am

You'd better look out below

No comments:

Post a Comment