Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't ask me, I'm Just the sub!

Adventures in Subbing, Day 1

Today I had my first substitute teaching job.  I learned a few things.
     #1 DO NOT EVER GET A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER FOR YOUR CLASSROOM AND NOT GIVE THEM LESSON PLANS...EVER!
              I mean seriously, how am I supposed to do a good job at keeping control of the classroom if I have nothing for your kids to do for an hour and a half??

    #2 No matter what the kids will try and take advantage of you.
             I thought I was ready for this, but these kids were CRAZY!  I think they might just be those out of control types of kids anyways, but man did I have a headache!

    #3 Intermediate School is not the same as Junior High/Middle School
            It means 5th and 6th grade.  You know, the grade level I would NEVER want to teach.  Yeah.  Those kids were crazy.

It wasn't all bad, but it opened my eyes to a new meaning behind the scripture, 'I can do all things in Christ which strengthen me.'

Tomorrow I'm saying a longer prayer.

1 comment:

  1. bwahahahahaha! Um yeah...I subbed on and off for 7 years in UT so I have LOTS of stories to swap. =)

    my one tip: I always introduced myself and said "Now...I'm pretty cool until you piss me off. Then, we'll have problems. I have NO problem leaving notes for the teacher, assigning extra work and/or giving you detention. I will also have no problem sending you to the office, so don't test me. Otherwise, we'll have a fun day."

    that usually scared them straight...course, you ARE in Houston. =)

    ReplyDelete