Saturday, January 15, 2011

More Than Big Love

There is a reason for this post, but it isn't important.

I just feel the need to say a few things.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.  I will never claim to understand all of its history or everything that the Lord has asked of his Saints in these last days.  There are things that will be hard for me when I am asked to do them.  But because I know that this is God's church, I will do them.

I have been meeting with the missionaries lately as they are teaching a co-worker/friend of mine.  It is a new experience to be on the other side of the missionary discussions and it has been great for so many reasons.  I realize how thrilling it is to share the gospel, and as they teach Zach, I am awed at how a couple of 20 year old boys are able to relay a message so important with such maturity.  Each time we have walked away from lessons, I have asked him what he thought, to which Zach has replied, 'It just makes sense.'

I guess that is the best way to describe how I feel about the gospel.  It just makes sense.

I am sorry for whatever has made those who do not agree with the church push so hard against it.  And I am saddened at the attacks that the church has received in the last few years for defending our beliefs.  But know this, our message is a message of love, a message of forgiveness, and a message of hope.


And I'd like to see a T.V. show do that

2 comments:

  1. thank you for posting this. i feel exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermana thats the exact reason why I got baptised, it all just made so much sense I couldn't deny it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete