Wednesday, March 25, 2009

All Smiles

My computer is on the fritz again so I don´t have any pictures to post still because I can´t get them off of my camera...but as soon as it gets fixed (and I am hoping that happens tomorrow) I will be throwing some pictures up on here. I can´t believe I am almost done here...BUT MY DAD IS COMING NEXT WEEK! And I am so excited about that. It has been kinda crazy trying to get everything in order, but I am gettin er done as they say.

Today was a great start to a workshop. Sarah and I are split up again this week because we had quite a few signed up in both centers. I have a group of 12 which is a pretty good sized group and they are a lot of fun. I have quite a few Perpetual Education students and today I started off a little different by explaining to them that even though they aren´t specifically looking for a job and they have to be in the workshop as one of the prerequisits for the PEF, I hoped that they would really internalize the principles and realize that one day they WILL be looking for a job and that it was really important to learn the techniques now. They were all really good about it and made some jokes later, but for the most part were really on the ball and working hard which I was appriciative of. I really love this week´s group. They are all willing to help each other and stepped out of their comfort zone fairly quickly. During lunch they all sat around talking together about life and the mission and then they started teasing me saying that all Americans were rich and all sorts of funny stuff like that. I explained that my internship wasn´t paid so they should be buying me food since I am currently making no money. It was awesome.

I was pretty proud of myself too because I did a contact within my workshop. ha ha, one of my students works with computers and when I saw that I asked him if there was any way he could look at my lap top to see what was up. He messed with it and then told me he was going to bring a tool tomorrow to hopefully fix it. If not I can´t wait to get back to the states and get that thing figured out because having a lap top that doesn´t work is the most frustrating thing in the world.

I was thinking today about how much I have grown and changed in the last three months. My first workshop was very interesting...and now I feel like I can teach this thing with my eyes shut. I wonder if that will be how it is for me once I graduate. I truly hope so. The Lord has really blessed me with a lot of confidence while I have been here and I have learned so many things about life and what I want to do with mine. When I decided to come down here, I wasn´t really sure why, but I knew it was the right thing and I think looking at who I am now I can see just why Heavenly Father saw it fit to send me here...again :) This has been a mini mission like experience and it has brought to my rememberance all of the good that one person can do if they just love the people enough and put forth the effort. I will always remember that, and I will always do my best to love the people I work with and put forth an honest effort to help.

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your comments about all of your personal growth--I can definitely relate, especially in growing in confidence like you mentioned. The internship was like a mini mission for me, too, except more of a service, not proselyting, one. Good luck with getting your computer fixed--talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching where life takes you. I can't wait to hear what's next in the book of Jody.

    ReplyDelete