Friday, February 13, 2009

Fiesta fiesta!

This is our group from this week, they were my favorite thus far! Me, Cristian, Richard, Jean Claude, Pilar, Claudio, Nikol, Monica, Sarah, (Bottom) Lucia, Gabriela, Renee, and Elizabeth.
I can´t believe another group has come and gone. The time just seems to be passing so fast! This week`s group has been so much fun and they have helped eachother out a lot. I was sincerely impressed with the way that they worked together and helped each other out. I am going to miss them next week. Today was wonderful! We had a lot of catching up to do, but things worked out wonderfully and we had some amazing news! Renee one of our workshopees found a job! It is going to work out so well for her. She is from Peru and has been in Chile about 16 days stressing over finding a job. She has been living with some family that lives here, but she needed to get a job so that she could find a place to live near by. Well yesterday after class she stayed after and one of our volunteers Hermana Lily helped her make some phone calls, but she just happened to be here when this woman came in looking for a maid. Renee was there, the woman was there, they talked and it just worked out. The best part is, Renee is going to LIVE with this woman in her house which means she doesn´t have to find a place to live and she is esentially living for free while working. WOOP WOOP! She gave me the biggest hug when she left today and told me how grateful she was for what we do in the center. Renee is awesome!

This is Renee ringing the job bell!

After the workshop, all of our students went to the store and bought some food and came back and we had a little party. It was so much fun! We danced, we sang, we laughed and it was just a really great moment. I got to know a lot of our students more through it. My favorite part was talking with Claudio. I told him I wanted to meet his wife because he is just hilarious and I asked him what she was like. His response was perfect, without missing a beat he said, ´She is beautiful, and she never stops laughing with me.´ SO CUTE! I now know what I am looking for in a husband, one that will answer like that! ha ha! It was so fun to hang out with our group. Hermano Alfaro, our assistant manager came in afterwards and told me that they must have really loved us to do that. I smiled and said ´I know.´ This is so great.


I took this picture out of our window. Smog makes everything look cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment