Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mira Mira Mira Ola!

Most of you won´t have a clue what that means, but we do different praises for our students just to keep things interesting. This is the one we use the most because it is the most fun. I´d have to acutally sing it to you for you to understand, but it makes the workshops that much more interesting.


Today was met with some interesting challenges that we were not expecting at all. Sarah and I were on fire today, let me just start out with that. Our group of nine were varied with different abilities and levels of education, but we literally found our groove and things were going really really well. Then...the assistant manager of our center came in. Now I should preface this by saying that I just met the man yesterday because he took a month off to go on vacation. I hadn´t really spoken to him and so I wasn´t all that surprised by him coming into our classroom. What DID surprise me was how he proceeded to take over our explainations of things and take over the class. I was having a really hard time with this and I think Sarah was also, but I said a little prayer for patience and I was fine after that. It was more t han anything a case of too many chefs in the kitchen.


We had a great day despite the random entrances by our assistant manager. We even had an AMAZING missionary experience. When everyone introduced themselves today, everyone but this one girl was a member. Several of the women got up and said that they were inactive but that they were memebers. When it came time for lunch, Sarah and I left the room for a few minutes to eat. When I came back in the three women who had introduced themselves as less actives were talking with Daniella about the church and explaining how different they felt there and how much they loved it. Daniella listened and kept saying that she wanted to learn more so I piped in and began explaining about missionaries and how they teach the lessons in about three weeks and that during that time they would ask her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if it was true or not. At the end of three weeks I explained that they would invite her to be baptised and that if she felt it was right she should do it. I gave a little testimony and asked if we could send the missionaries her way and she said yes! It was AWESOME! The best part is I am 90% positive she lives in our ward boundaries, so if things go well, she should be coming to church with us! Wahoo! So great!

After work I took a little nap and then wrote two papers. I am still at that point in my semester where I look at everything I need to do and wonder how on earth I am going to be able to do it all, but I am confident that if I keep my nose to the grind stone I´ll be able to get it all done. I have a LOT of reading still to do, but I´m pounding out projects so that I can be over and done with them. I take my Doctrine and Covenants final tomorrow so that should be a nice thing to have out of the way.

At about 8:30 I decided to go running because I hadn´t gone this morning or after work like I planned. Running in the evenings is always an interesting experience. I think I have mentioned that I always run in this park near our house, well at night it turns into a place where romance happens, and it is kind of awkward to run through there because you never know what you will see...ha ha the joys of living in a foreign country. No one has cars, so they just make out in public!

Lautaro and JuanJo came over and we played guitar for a while. It is so strange jamming with people who aren´t american because we don´t know any of the same songs, though they know way more songs in english than I do in spanish. I´ll have to get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment